Green Commercial Cleaning Services: Is it Worth it to Clean Green?
People and corporations everywhere are looking to reduce their carbon footprint. With all of the chemicals involved in cleaning, it's no wonder that many people are turning to green cleaning.
Going green comes with a number of benefits, including improved health and safety for both the people doing the cleaning and the people living and working in the buildings being cleaned. In addition, cleaning companies that choose to go green often enjoy the marketing benefits of appealing to a client base concerned with the environment.
The Benefits of Green Cleaning
Environmentally friendly cleaning products provide a number of benefits, including improved air quality, less waste, and cost savings.
Green products improve the air quality, and fresh air is proven to improve employee productivity. Dry air carpet cleaning removes pollutants, bacteria, and allergens, improving air quality.
This dry air cleaning method for carpets uses over 99 percent less water compared to traditional cleaning methods. In addition, water-based carpet cleaning uses up to three times as much energy. Making the switch saves water, energy, and time, all while being friendlier to the planet.
Carpets also last longer with the dry cleaning method, since water and soap residue no longer weaken the fibers. Carpets that last longer saves you money and reduces waste in landfills.
The cleaning products themselves are also safer, as they lack the corrosive, toxic ingredients found in traditional cleaning products. This protects the skin and air passages of cleaners, especially beneficial for asthmatics.
What's Missing in Green Cleansers?
Green products cut a number of unpronounceable ingredients common to traditional cleansers, including carcinogens, mutagens, and reproductive toxins.
- 2-Butoxyethanol: Damages red blood cells and causes anemia.
- Alkylphenol ethoxylates: A hormone-disrupting chemical contaminating 51 percent of Americans, due to the fact that it survives wastewater treatment. This chemical is banned in Canada and the EU.
- Heavy metals: These include chromium, lead, and selenium, and may damage both humans and the environment.
- Phthalates: Increases risk of asthma and allergies, especially in children. It also may cause reproductive abnormalities and hormone disruption.
Requesting a Green Clean Quote
If you would like to learn more, request a free quote for hiring a commercial green cleaning company. Rates for pro cleaners vary widely, depending on the size of your facility, your cleaning needs, and your geographical location.
To improve the accuracy of your estimate, answer five questions before requesting a quote:
- Do you have any specific cleaning requests?
- How frequently does your facility need to be professionally cleaned?
- How old is the building and what condition is it in?
- What is the square footage of your facility?
- What kind of traffic does your facility receive on average, both daily and weekly?
Please note that some tasks, commonly referred to as deep cleaning, come at a higher cost. This includes restrooms, windows, floor polishing.
Compare quotes from at least three cleaning companies. Do not sign any contract that does not include a cancelation clause in the event you are unhappy with the company's service.
Get Bids From Green Cleaners
Use our free request for quote tool and get price quotes from multiple green cleaners in your area. There are no obligations to hire and we won't ask for your credit card information.